I am very happy for card makers to use my designs and Tutorials for there own personal use, I give permission to other teachers who have attended my classes to use my Tutorials. but would appreciate a credit to the design and instructions.

please get in touch if you would like more information.

Many thanks

Happy Crafting Yvonne xx

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Card Sizes and envelope guide

Card Sizes and envelope guide
I get asked this so much I decided to add a size chart and Envelope Guide

C5 Card is an A4 Card Scored on the A4 half fold When folded in half  it becomes a C5 Card = C5 Envelope


Half an A4 sheet now becomes an A5 sheet, measuring 21cm by 15cm Score on the A5 Half-fold line. when folded in half. it is called a C6 Card  = C6 Envelope


To make a DL card.
Cut a sheet of  A4 card 21cm by 21cm score it on the A4 Tri-fold line.  = DL envelope

The small piece of card you cut from the A4 card to make the DL card, can now make a small Sq card, score it on the A5 half fold line, and you have a 10 cm by 10 cm card.=  4 - 1/2 inch Sq envelope

Gate -folds
To make a C6 Gate-fold, Cut an A4 sheet in half, and score it on the A5 Gatefold line turn card over and score again on the A5 Gate-fold line.

To make a C5 Gate-fold, score a sheet of A4 card it on the A4 Gate-fold line turn card over and score again on the A4 Gate-fold line.

Make sure you give all scored lines a nice tight crease with a bone folder.

Here is a link to a tutorial on how to line an envelope with fancy paper to make it expensive looking, well worth the time, if you choose a matching background from the cards, it will compliment it nicely  HERE

3 comments:

  1. Very useful. Thanks for taking the time to explain it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD I FOUND YOUR WEB SIGHT I AM JUST GETTING INTO CARDMAKING WITH MY SILHOUETTE CAMEO/OR WHATEVER . THIS IS BERY HELPFUL TO ME BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CLUE.. SO THANKS AGAIN

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a post, I really appreciated you taking the time.
Happy crafting Yvonne