I am very happy for card makers to use my designs and Tutorials for there own personal use, I give permission to other teachers who have attended my classes to use my Tutorials. but would appreciate a credit to the design and instructions.

please get in touch if you would like more information.

Many thanks

Happy Crafting Yvonne xx

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Paper Scraps


At the end of a busy day card making
I often have small pieces of scrap backing papers left over,
these generally go into a scrap box and are given away to friends
 who teach children's craft classes.
Backing papers are so expensive, that sometime 
if I am not to tired at the end of the day., 
I put them to use, joining scraps to make multi backgrounds in strips or quilt effect.
Quilted backgrounds are big just know, so take some time and create your own. by cutting 4cm sq pieces, 3 across and 4 down, backed onto a contrasting card, 13cm by 17cm, and then on to silver or gold card 14cm by 18cm, you can trim the main card, to 30cm by 19cm, score it on the A4 half fold line, and mat and layer  for a neat finish.

For an 8 by 8 inch card
Cut 4cm sq pieces, 4 across and 4 down, backed onto a contrasting card, 17cm by 17cm, next layer 18cm by 18cm and then on to silver or gold card 19cm by 19cm.
Which fits neatly on an 8 inch Square card.
add a extra finish by using a pinking shears to cut the Squares, and adding faux stitching with a pro marker in a toning colour.


Photobucket






6 comments:

  1. Very clever! I like it! Great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting lots of card ready with backgrounds, for when I need a quick card, and because I normally give the scraps away, I feel I have saved money by being thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, love the patchwork idea. Will try some on birthday cards I have to make. Talk soon, Aiveen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, must make time to do this. Maire

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Girls,
    I get asked a lot about backgrounds, so using scraps it a way of saving money, as background papers are very expensive
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a post, I really appreciated you taking the time.
Happy crafting Yvonne